Stretch marks narrate the story of a woman’s body that has undergone childbirth, borne up the pain, and given lovely children to their families. These marks are long, narrow strips that are lighter in shade to the surrounding skin.
When the skin stretches in pregnancy due to the growing fetus, it tears and tatters leaving prominent scar marks on the hips, thighs, breasts, buttocks, and stomach areas. While nature has to perform its bit, we women can actually enjoy the phase of pregnancy without worrying about these ugly stretch marks. With so much of advice floating around for stretch marks, there is one skincare regime that all experts commonly agree upon- keeping the skin moisturized and supple.
Tips to prevent stretch marks in pregnancy
- You’re already eating healthy food to supplement the growing needs of the fetus. Add some skin healthy foods to maintain the elasticity of the skin. Antioxidants, omega fats, and Vitamin E are essentially good for the skin and keep the epidermal layers moisturized.
- Water detoxifies and keeps the skin cells hydrated. This reduces the occurrence of stretch marks.
- Drink herbal teas, fruits, fresh fruit juices and other fluids to maintain the hydration levels of the skin.
- Exercising also increases blood circulation which helps the skin in retaining its elasticity. Consult your healthcare provider before embarking upon an exercising regime.
- Use a toxin-free good quality stretch mark cream for pregnancy. The best way to prevent stretch marks is to moisturize the skin thoroughly. Ardently follow a moisturizing regime from the day you come to know of your pregnancy.
The question still remains the same? Which stretch marks cream do I use in pregnancy?
Lets us first understand how stretch mark oils/creams/lotions are different from regular moisturizers.
- Stretch marks creams and lotions penetrate deep into the layers of the skin and leave the cells plump and hydrated.
- Applied regularly, they support the skin while stretching and undergoing wear and tear.
- Regularly massaging with the stretch mark oils will maintain skin elasticity, which not only prevents fresh stretch marks from occurring, it reduces the older marks too.
- Do not just concentrate on the belly. Use an effective lotion for stretch marks and apply all over the buttocks, thighs hips, breasts, and abdomen.
- Cocoa butter has exceptional moisturizing qualities and fights the dryness of the skin and severe itching which is the result of dry skin. Invest in a good quality cocoa butter cream for stretch marks and massage regularly for best results.
- Your stretch marks cream should be thoroughly tested for allergies and recommended by experts. Use a toxin-free stretch mark removal cream that is not only gentle on the skin; it is also an answer to your pregnancy woes of stretch marks, dry and itchy skin. It prevents the stretch marks from appearing in the first place. In addition, if it carries a gorgeous aroma, you will feel nice and refreshed.
With about 90% of women getting stretch marks (Source- American Academy of Family Physicians, or AAFP), we cannot totally prevent nature’s predicament. But yes, an efficient stretch mark removal cream will do wonders to restore the natural oils of your skin. So slather the pregnancy stretch mark cream on your body and massage for a few moments. Apply twice a day and if it feels itchier in some areas, apply plentifully in those areas.
If you are wondering about how to remove stretch marks after delivery, well, the truth is once they have appeared, you can’t remove them. There’s no miracle stretch marks cream that works effectively after delivery. With regular moisturisation & skin hydration, you can try & reduce their appearance.